How can we help?
Bin-Sense Direct Not Pairing with Mobile Device
Follow these troubleshooting steps if you are having difficulties pairing your mobile device with Bin-Sense Direct.
- Ensure the phone OS is up to date
- Android: At least Android 10
- iOS: At least V10
- Confirm there are working batteries in the Direct unit
- Note that Direct unit S/N will not show up in the device’s system settings Bluetooth pairing menu if the batteries are dead
- If you have not replaced batteries recently, it is recommended to do so
- Use 2 x Lithium batteries
- Ensure Bin-Sense Mobile app is up-to-date
- Check App Version by logging into the app and tapping on the 3 dots at the top right corner
- Go to App Store (iOS) or Google Playstore (Android) and search for Bin-Sense to check if updates are available
- Disable Bluetooth
- Disable Location Services (Android only)
- Restart mobile device
- Enable Bluetooth
- Enable Location Services (Android only)
- Be sure to allow the app to access Location when prompted
- Try connecting the Bin-Sense Direct handheld to another device
- If it is able to pair with another device, the issue is likely on the mobile device
- If it is not able to pair with other devices, the issue could be on the handheld unit
- Uninstall and reinstall the BinSense Mobile app
Note: Bluetooth disconnecting can constantly occur while scanning SHT-31 sensor moisture cables if a Direct Unit does not have the HW/FW version to support it!