PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
It is the policy of IntraGrain Technologies Inc. and any of its subsidiaries, agents or affiliates (“IntraGrain”) to protect and respect the privacy of its customers’ personal information. IntraGrain maintains the privacy of your personal information in accordance with the law as detailed in this Privacy and Security Policy.
For the purposes of this Privacy and Security Policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include a business title or contact information when used to contact an individual in their business capacity.
IntraGrain’s collection, use and disclosure of personal information
IntraGrain primarily collects personal information in connection with the provision of its products and services. In connection with the BIN SENSE® systems, which allows customers to monitor bin temperatures and relative humidity (moisture) in order to reduce the risk of grain spoilage while in storage (the “BIN SENSE® Service“), IntraGrain may be collecting the following customer information:
•Name, address, telephone number, email address or other contact information;
• The customer’s land location;
• Information about the goods or services provided or purchased;
• The customer’s financial information;
• Information about customer transactions, including bills, credit history and method of payment preferences; and
• Information from customer communications, including feedback and requests for customer support or assistance.
IntraGrain uses personal information, as necessary, for the purpose of providing the BIN SENSE® Service, completing financial transactions (including through the use of third party payment processors), administering the customer relationship and for meeting its general business needs. IntraGrain may also use personal information for other purposes to the extent authorized or required by law.
IntraGrain does not use personal information for any other purposes, unless it has the consent of the individual to whom the personal information relates.
IntraGrain only collects, uses and discloses personal information with the consent of the individual to whom it relates. The consent may be express or implied. If you choose to voluntarily submit personal information to us, we will consider that you have consented to our collection, use and disclosure of this personal information for purposes reasonably related to the BIN SENSE® Service.There may also be situations where IntraGrain’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information without consent is authorized or required by law.
You can withhold your consent to IntraGrain’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, or withdraw such consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to any legal or contractual requirements. However, if consent is withheld or withdrawn, the services provided by IntraGrain may be impacted, such that IntraGrain may not be able to fulfill the purpose(s) for which the information was originally collected.
How does IntraGrain collect personal information?
IntraGrain only collects personal information about its customers with the customer’s knowledge and consent. Generally, this means that IntraGrain collects personal information directly from the individual to whom it relates, whether via IntraGrain’s website, telephone, fax or in person. Occasionally, IntraGrain may also collect personal information from third party sources.
Visitors should also be aware that anonymous technical information may be collected by IntraGrain as a result of a visit to the IntraGrain website. For example, this information may include the visitor’s IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring website addresses. IntraGrain uses this anonymous technical information to, for example, track usage patterns for purposes such as improving the operation and content of the IntraGrain website and compiling aggregate and statistical information. IntraGrain may disclose such aggregate information to third parties.
As part of the collection of technical information, IntraGrain may use “cookies” on its website. “Cookies” are small text files placed on your computer that can collect and store a variety of information, including visitor preferences and activities on the IntraGrain website. Permanent cookies are stored indefinitely on a user’s hard drive unless manually deleted, while temporary cookies are automatically deleted from the user’s browser upon logging out of a website. Web browsers typically allow users to disable permanent and/or temporary cookies.
Access to and Amendment of Personal Information
IntraGrain will provide you with access to your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. IntraGrain may require that any request for access to personal information be made in writing. Generally, there is no cost for a request for access to your personal information. However, IntraGrain may charge reasonable costs in some circumstances in accordance with applicable laws. You will be notified in advance if such charges apply.
IntraGrain will correct or amend the personal information in its files where it can be shown that the information is incorrect or incomplete. To ensure that your information is accurate, please notify IntraGrain in writing when there are changes to your personal information.
Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
IntraGrain will retain personal information only as long as it is needed to provide the business products and services identified and to meet legal or regulatory requirements. When the personal information is no longer required, IntraGrain will destroy the personal information in a secure and confidential manner or ensure that such information is de-identified.
Security of Personal Information
Security is an important issue at IntraGrain.
IntraGrain has taken reasonable steps to assist in the protection of its customer’s information, including the use of reasonable internal security policies and procedures which include (but are not limited to) the following:
• User name and password logins with one way password encryption;
• Hidden backend database server that only allows access to local processes; and
• Device to server protocol encryption.
IntraGrain will continue to monitor security issues and will update and improve security when it is reasonable and practical to do so. However, it is important to note that the internet is not a secure method of communication and IntraGrain cannot guarantee the privacy or security of customer information submitted through the website or by email over the internet. No security or encryption provided by IntraGrain can protect against every circumstance.
Just as you play a vital role in ensuring the security of your home and your possessions, you too share in the responsibility for ensuring that your personal information is adequately protected. While IntraGrain takes strong measures to protect the security and privacy of your information, there are important steps that you should take to help protect your information when accessing IntraGrain’s website.
To protect your information, you should consider and adopt the following ‘best practices’:
• Never leave your computer unattended while using the IntraGrain website.
• Always exit your IntraGrain user account by using the “log out” button and close your browser if you step away from your computer. Your browser may retain information you entered in the login screen and elsewhere until you exit the browser.
• Secure or erase files stored on your computer by your browser so others cannot read them. Most browsers store information in non-protected (unencrypted) files in the browser’s cache to improve performance. These files remain there until erased. They can be erased using standard computer utilities or by using your browser feature to “empty” the cache.
• Disable automatic password-save features in the browser and software you use to access the internet.
• Install and use an anti-virus program. Ensure your anti-virus software is enabled and configured to run daily updates and regular virus scans.
• Install and use a personal firewall on your computer to ensure others cannot access your computer through the internet.
• Install new security patches as soon as your operating system and internet browser manufacturers make them available.
• Install an anti-spyware program. Ensure your anti-spyware is enabled and configured to run daily updates and regular spam scans.
In order for IntraGrain to ensure that only you are accessing your account(s), we need a unique way of knowing that it’s you. Just as the key to your home protects unwanted entry, the IntraGrain website “key” – your password – ensures that only you can access your accounts.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your “key” to the IntraGrain website is protected. Please observe the following security practices:
• Select a password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
• Keep your password confidential and do not share it with anyone.
• Do not write down your password or store it in a file in your computer.
• Ensure that no one observes you typing your password.
• Change your password frequently (every 90-120 days).
Internet and E-mail Transmission/Viruses
Internet software or electronic transmission errors may produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of the content of the IntraGrain website when downloaded and displayed on any computer. IntraGrain does not assume any liability or responsibility whatsoever for computer viruses or other destructive software on programs received during the electronic transmission of such content of the IntraGrain website or any websites accessed through links provided therein.
Scope of Policy
This policy only applies to personal information that is subject to the privacy laws of Canada or any of its Provinces (as applicable).
Since privacy and security concerns and legal and business requirements are constantly changing, IntraGrain may change this Privacy and Security Policy by providing notice on its website. IntraGrain encourages you to review this Privacy and Security Policy often.
For further information about IntraGrain’s privacy practices or to make a request for access to or amendment of personal information, please contact IntraGrain’s Privacy Officer at the following address:
IntraGrain Technologies Inc.
118 Husum Rd, RM of Sherwood SK S4K 0A4
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer
Email: [email protected]